When you join NATECLA you become part of the community of ESOL and community language teachers in the UK. NATECLA is the national forum and professional organisation for ESOL teachers. NATECLA also operate regional branches in the North West, Yorkshire & the Humber, Midlands and London. The branches also organise training events and workshops several times a year.
NATECLA works to the following values:
- Independence and professionalism in language education
- Support for ESOL and community languages practitioners and learners
- High quality, relevant training opportunities, both local and national
- Respect for diversity and multilingualism
- Expert advice to government bodies and other agencies
- Campaigns which promote and protect ESOL and community languages
Shaping the future of ESOL and connecting ESOL teachers
NATECLA takes part in national debates on ESOL funding, policy and content and responds to other developments as they arise. Management Council members define the NATECLA perspective and co-ordinate this response.
NATECLA have Working Groups and Special Interest Groups around key themes to enable members with particular expertise or interest in an area to help to develop the NATECLA position and to inform the debate.
- Our NATECLA ESOL Forum
- Special Interest Groups for ESOL Managers, those working in 14-19 education, offender learning and many more
- Action for ESOL
- Teacher training working party (TTWP)
- Community Languages